Glasgow - Full-time
Digital Product Designer
Raven Controls, an exciting startup disrupting the events sector, is looking for a passionate Product Designer to join us as the first member of our design team. With strong market demand, a proven commercial model and funding secured this is a unique opportunity to get in early with a company that has huge growth potential.
In today’s world of complex threats and public expectations for accountability, it is critical that venues have the right systems in place to manage a crisis. Raven delivers mission critical event and crisis management software that streamlines processes and offers new capabilities in real-time collaboration for event staff. This year Raven has been deployed at numerous globally renowned events and venues, including the European Championships in Glasgow and the Ryder Cup in Paris.
Based in Glasgow we are a close-knit team. Joining us at this early stage you will have a direct relationship with the company leadership and the potential to progress your career rapidly as the company grows.
Working at Raven:
- We want you to share our passion for the company and offer a supportive, trusting and transparent working environment.
- We invest in learning, personal growth and expanding our skills, as we know these will be key to our success.
- You’ll be working within a highly collaborative agile development team, supported by a CTO with a track record in creating world-leading software products.
- As our first designer your main focus will be product design, but we are looking for someone who can also assist with marketing collateral and other design requirements as necessary.
- We use dual-track discovery and delivery sprints, all managed in Jira, to optimize product value creation and maintain a healthy momentum.
- Continuous deployment and frequent releases help to keep our learning feedback loop short.
- You’ll have direct influence in product and strategic business decisions, including the responsibility to explore, elaborate and iterate on our roadmap.
- Flexible hours, generous holiday allowance and great work-life balance
- Highly competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work closely with high profile events, worldwide.
We’re looking for:
- An individual with a minimum of two years’ professional design experience, ambitious to learn and grow in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A product-oriented thinker with a passion for producing outstanding user experiences, who is motivated by delivering real value to customers and is adept at producing designs that balance user, technical and business considerations.
- Someone with a mature workflow who can iterate through sketches and prototypes to effective product solutions.
- A professional who is intimately familiar with modern design production tools and disciplined and diligent in their working habits.
- Experience communicating ideas with cross-functional teams and comfort sharing design responsibility with the team.
- A natural communicator who can document their solutions and the rationale behind them in a way that is relatable.
- A team player who is able to leave their ego at the door and can objectively discuss their designs.
- A solid grounding in the principles of usability and comfort to get involved in user testing sessions.
- Someone with artistic flair who sees a complex software product as their ideal canvas.
Your work ethic and attitude are more important than specific skills and experience, however, the following would be nice:
- Several years’ experience in product design as part of an agile cross functional product team.
- Experience of agile development methodologies and modern software development practices.
- Experience with lean methodologies in a startup environment
Join the Team
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV, links to your portfolio and a brief introduction that includes why you want to work with us. No agencies please.
We look forward to hearing from you!