Raven Controls – PHP/Symfony Developer (Full-stack)
Glasgow - Full-Time
Raven Controls, an exciting startup disrupting the events sector, is looking for a passionate PHP engineer to join us as one of the first members of our technical team.
With strong market demand, a proven commercial model and funding secured this is a unique opportunity to get in early with a company that has huge growth potential.
In today’s world of complex threats and public expectations for accountability, it is critical that venues have the right systems in place to manage a crisis. Raven delivers mission critical event and crisis management software that streamlines processes and offers new capabilities in real-time collaboration for event staff. This year Raven has been deployed at numerous globally renowned events and venues, including the European Championships in Glasgow and the Ryder Cup in Paris and Pride London.
As a member of our engineer team, you will be an integral part of Raven with the opportunity to shape our product and culture as we grow. You’ll join Passionate colleagues of the top of their field, doing things properly in a lean, agile and collaborative environment.
Based in Glasgow we are a close-knit team. Joining us at this early stage you will have a direct relationship with the company leadership and the potential to progress your career rapidly as the company grows.
Working at Raven:
- We want our team to share our passion for the company and offer a supportive, trusting and transparent working environment.
- We invest in learning, personal growth and expanding our skills as we know these will be key to our success.
- You’ll be working within a highly collaborative agile development team, supported by a CTO with a track record in creating world-leading software products.
- We use dual-track discovery and delivery sprints, all managed in Jira, to optimize product value creation and maintain a healthy momentum.
- We also use continuous deployment to release frequently and keep our learning feedback loop short.
- Our product is written in PHP using the Symfony 4 framework. Other tech we make use of includes Docker, Mysql, Redis, Doctrine ORM, Git, Composer, Twig and PHPUnit.
- You’ll have direct influence in product and strategic business decisions, including the responsibility to explore, elaborate and iterate on our technology roadmap.
- Flexible hours, generous holiday allowance and great work-life balance
- Highly competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work closely with high profile events, worldwide.
We’re looking for:
- A genuine team-player, comfortable to mentor and share knowledge but equally comfortable to learn from others too.
- An individual with a minimum of two years’ professional software development experience, ambitious to learn and grow in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A product-oriented thinker with a passion for solving problems, who is motivated by delivering real value to customers and is adept at balancing technical considerations against business value.
- An engineer proud to write elegant, readable and maintainable code
- A natural collaborator with experience of agile development methodologies and modern software development practices.
- Someone versatile to the needs of a startup and happy to get stuck-in at any level of the stack.
Your work ethic and attitude are more important than specific skills and experience, however, the following would be nice:
- You have a formal education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Several years’ experience in full-stack product development on a modern solution stack.
- Recent experience working with PHP and Symfony 4.
- An appreciation and passion for good UX.
- Experience with lean methodologies in a startup environment
Join the Team
We are recruiting for several engineering positions and are happy to consider applicants at various levels of experience as well as with varying front-end and back-end preferences. While our product is based on PHP and Symfony we’re happy to consider applicants more familiar with other technologies – most important to us is a passion for producing great software. To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV, a brief introduction that includes why you want to work with us and links to any projects you’d like to share. Please no agencies.
We look forward to hearing from you!